Greater Johnstown School District will conduct Kindergarten Registration on May 5th at East Side Elementary School and West Side Elementary for families who have students entering Kindergarten for the 2017-18 school year.
- 9:30AM - 11:30AM & 12:30 - 3:00pm
- East Side Elementary and West Side Elementary
What Should I Bring?
- Birth Certificate
- Immunization Record
- Proof of Residency
- Proof of Guardianship or Copy of Court Documentation.
All students wishing to enroll in kindergarten must be 5 years old before September 1st. Please bring your child to registration.
2017-18 School Year - Updated Information & Requirements
Attention Parents & Guardians,
The following immunizations are required for attendance in all grades:
- 4 doses of tetanus, diphtheria, and acedllular pertussis* (1 dose on or after the 4th birthday)
- 4 doses of polio (4th dose on or after the 4th birthday and at least 6 months after the previous dose was given)**
- 2 doses of measles, mumps, rubella***
- 3 doses of hepatitis B
- 2 doses of varicella (chickenpox) vaccine or evidence of immunity
* Usually given as DTP or DTaP or if medically advisable DT or Td
** A fourth dose is not necessary if the third dose was given after 4 years or older and at least 6 months after the previous dose)
***Usually given as MMR
FOR ATTENDANCE IN 7TH GRADE:
- 1 dose of tetanus, diphtheria, acellular pertussis (Tdap) on the first day of 7th grade.
- 1 dose of meningococcal conjugate vaccine (MCV) on the first day of 7th grade.
FOR ATTENDANCE IN 12TH GRADE:
- 1 dose of MCV on the first day of 12th grade. If one dose was given at 16 years of age or older, that shall count as the twelfth-grade dose.
Pennsylvania's school immunization requirements can be found in 28 pa. CODE CH. 23 (school Immunization).
Contact your healthcare provider, the school nurse of call 877-PA HEALTH (1-877-724-3258) for more information.