The following guidelines outline the district’s environments and opportunities for all students to practice healthy eating and physical activity behaviors throughout the school day while minimizing commercial distractions. Specifically, these guidelines establish goals and procedures to ensure that:
- Students in the district have access to healthy foods throughout the school day through reimbursable meals and other foods available throughout each of our schools- in accordance with federal and state nutrition standards.
- Students receive quality nutrition education that assists them in developing lifelong healthy eating behaviors.
- Students have the opportunity to be physically active before, during and after school.
- Schools engage in nutrition and physical activity promotion and other activities that promote student wellness
- School staff are encouraged and supported to practice healthy nutrition and physical activity behaviors in and out of school.
- The community is engaged in supporting the work of the district in creating continuity between school and other settings for students and staff to practice lifelong healthy habits.
- The district established and maintains an infrastructure for management, oversight, implementation, communication about, and monitoring of the guidelines and its established goals and objectives.
The Wellness Committee will meet at least two times per year to establish goals and oversee school health and safety policies and programs, including development, implementation, and periodic review and update of these district-level administrative wellness guidelines.