Attention Parents & Guardians,
The following immunizations are required for attendance in all grades:
- 4 doses of tetanus* (1 does on or after the 4th birthday)
- 4 doses of diphtheria* (1 does on or after the 4th birthday)
- 3 doses of polio
- 2 doses of measles**
- 2 doses of mumps**
- 1 dose of rubella (German measles)**
- 3 does of hepatitis B
- 2 doses of varicella (chickenpox) vaccine or history of disease.
*Usually given as DTP or DTaP or DT or Td
**Usually given as MMR
Children attending 7th grade need the following:
- 1 dose of tetanus, diphtheria, acellular pertussis (Tdap) if 5 years has elapsed since last tetanus immunization.
- 1 dose of meningococcal conjugate vaccine (MCV)
These requirements allow for the following exemptions:
- Medical reason
- Religious belief
- Philosophical / strong moral or ethical conviction.
If your child is exempt from immunizations, it may be recommended that he/she be excluded from school.
Pennsylvania's school immunization requirements can be found in 28 pa. CODE CH. 23 (school Immunization).
Contact your healthcare provider, the school nurse of call 877-PA HEALTH for more information.