- Bell Schedule
- School Improvement
- School Spotlight
- Science, It's Elementary!
- Title I
- Cafeteria Menus
- Code of Conduct
- District Calendar
- Report Card Distribution
Become a Member Today!
Contact: Leona Kane, PTA President for additional information: Leona1090@aol.com
Studies show that when parents play an active role in their child's school the child is more likely to:
- Earn higher grades
- Attend school regularly
- Have better social skills
- Show improved behavior
- Graduate and go on to post-secondary education
- Our children deserve the best!
The Benefits of the East Side PTA
Money raised through PTA fundraisers during the 2008-2009 school year fund the following activities:
- 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade student planners
- Folders for the entire student body
- T-shirts at Christmas
- Prizes for fundraising
- Educational family nights
- In-house educational programs
- Student appreciation week prizes
- Teacher appreciation week giveaways
- Field trips
- 5th grade graduation
- Ribbons and awards for 5th grade graduation
- Book fair vouchers for fundraising participants
Elementary School Volunteer Guidelines
(Board-Approved February 5, 2008)
The Greater Johnstown School District's East and West Side Elementary buildings encourage parent involvement in all programs and activities. To insure the safety and welfare of all children, and to maintain the integrity of the purpose for a meaningful volunteer experience, the following guidelines will be followed:
- Volunteers must be Board approved. Act 34, 151 and FBI Fingerprinting Clearances are required prior to Board approval.
- The building principal determines the need for, and assigns, all volunteers to programs and activities within their individual building. Building principals receive a list of approved volunteers from which to choose from.
- Typically, volunteers are needed for: Pre-K/Kindergarten registration, Picture Day, Book Fairs, Field Trips, classroom activities, and other special events that may occur.
- Volunteers may sit and eat lunch with their child on the day of volunteering, with prior notice given to the principal. Volunteers are not permitted to eat in the teachers' lounge.
- For further clarification, refer to GJSD Board Policy: #916 Title: School Volunteer; Adopted December 9, 2003; Revised May 22, 2007.