- District News
- East Side Elementary News
- West Side Elementary News
- Middle School News
- High School News
- Students News
- Parents News
- Safety Messages News
- May 2014
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
American Education Week
November 17th to 21st, 2008
You are cordially invited to celebrate American Education Week in the Greater Johnstown School District with the Board of School Directors and Administrators.
Board Members and Administrators will be available to meet with parents of the District to report on the great accomplishments of our students. Also, you will have an opportunity to offer your suggestions for school improvement. Light refreshments will be served.
We hope that you will be able to join us during this important week.
For further information, contact Dr. John Jubas at 533-5657.
|Tuesday, November 18|
|Johnstown Middle School||9:30 to 11:00 a.m.||Office Conference Room|
|Wednesday, November 19|
|East Side Elementary School||9:30 to 11:00 a.m.||Cafeteria|
|Thursday, November 20|
|West Side Elementary School||9:30 to 11:00 a.m.||Mezzanine|
|Friday, November 21|
|Johnstown High School||9:30 to 11:00 a.m.||Library|
2008-09 Parent Trainings
Trainings for parents of Regular and Special Education Students
All sessions are geared to Parents needs and will be held in the following locations:
|November 13, 2008||Johnstown Middle School||Understanding the IEP|
|January 22, 2009||West Side Elementary||Testing Procedures for Children|
|March 26, 2009||East Side Elementary||Curriculum For All Ages|
|May 28, 2009||Johnstown High School||Summer Activities for Students|
- All Trainings will begin at 9:30am.
- Guests are to report and register at the Building's Main Office.
- Child care is available. Please call to reserve.
- Please contact Dr. John Jubas for more information.
Department of Special Education: 814-533-5664
Department of Federal Programs: 814-533-5675
GJHS School Pictures
School pictures will be taken on Nov. 5,6,and 7 beginning at approx 7:50am. Students will be called to the gym alphabetically by grade, beginning with the 9th grade class. Students are not to be dismissed until the announcement pertaining to them is made. Picture order packets will be given to the teachers for distribution to students.
Guidance Office Scholarship Information
The Guidance Office will have a scholarship folder available for students to view scholarship offers and materials received to date. The following are available:
- Burger King
- Horatio Alger Association Essay Contest
- The American Legion Oratorical and Essay contest (applications in the guidance office)
- Prudential Insurance (Or visit www.principals.org)
- If a student owns their own business, the McKelvey Foundation Scholarship
- Big 33 - visit the Big33 website or register through your counselor. Summer Camps available.
- The American Legion PA State Police, and a Boys and Girls State Camp.
Contact your guidance counselor for more information.
Dual Enrollment Deadline
GJHS Students: Dual Enrollment Deadline Wednesday, October 15th. The deadline for Dual Enrollment applications is Wednesday, October 15th. Please turn your application and payment into Mr. Lucas by this date.