- District News
- East Side Elementary News
- West Side Elementary News
- Middle School News
- High School News
- Students News
- Parents News
- Safety Messages News
- April 2014
- January 2014
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
2008-09 Parent Trainings
Trainings for parents of Regular and Special Education Students
All sessions are geared to Parents needs and will be held in the following locations:
|November 13, 2008||Johnstown Middle School||Understanding the IEP|
|January 22, 2009||West Side Elementary||Testing Procedures for Children|
|March 26, 2009||East Side Elementary||Curriculum For All Ages|
|May 28, 2009||Johnstown High School||Summer Activities for Students|
- All Trainings will begin at 9:30am.
- Guests are to report and register at the Building's Main Office.
- Child care is available. Please call to reserve.
- Please contact Dr. John Jubas for more information.
Department of Special Education: 814-533-5664
Department of Federal Programs: 814-533-5675
GJHS School Pictures
School pictures will be taken on Nov. 5,6,and 7 beginning at approx 7:50am. Students will be called to the gym alphabetically by grade, beginning with the 9th grade class. Students are not to be dismissed until the announcement pertaining to them is made. Picture order packets will be given to the teachers for distribution to students.
Guidance Office Scholarship Information
The Guidance Office will have a scholarship folder available for students to view scholarship offers and materials received to date. The following are available:
- Burger King
- Horatio Alger Association Essay Contest
- The American Legion Oratorical and Essay contest (applications in the guidance office)
- Prudential Insurance (Or visit www.principals.org)
- If a student owns their own business, the McKelvey Foundation Scholarship
- Big 33 - visit the Big33 website or register through your counselor. Summer Camps available.
- The American Legion PA State Police, and a Boys and Girls State Camp.
Contact your guidance counselor for more information.
Dual Enrollment Deadline
GJHS Students: Dual Enrollment Deadline Wednesday, October 15th. The deadline for Dual Enrollment applications is Wednesday, October 15th. Please turn your application and payment into Mr. Lucas by this date.
SAE is offering more than 60 corporate and university sponsored scholarships to qualified students who are interested in the study of engineering and related sciences. Applications are accepted September 1st through December 1st and must be postmarked by December 1, 2008. All applicants must be high school seniors at the time of application For full details, applications & FAQs, visit: www.sae.org/students/engschlr.htm or contact your guidance counselor.