Check for Understanding- Strategies
Check For Understanding!
- Start the book by making predictions. What do you think will happen in this story?
- Ask questions and make comments during the reading process.
- After reading a book, have your child tell you the events from the story in the correct order.
- What was the problem in this story?
- how did the character feel when......?
- Encourage your child to make connections. Does this story remind you of another book you read, an event in your life, a movie?