Trojan Tradition

Sheridan School

The Sheridan School was located in the vacinity of Sheridan Street in Johnstown's Oakhurst section. It was built around 1900, and served as an overflow for the overcrowded schools of the Johnstown School District.

The photo is from the "Johnstown Tribune", dated November 2, 1925. It is unclear when this school closed, but it probably wasn't too long the photo was taken. More than likely, this and the "Old Chandler" one room school house were closed and the students consolidated into the newer Chandler Elementary School on Garfield Street.
Read More »
RSS Feed