District Attendance Officer
Mr. Richard Price
222 Central Avenue
Johnstown PA 15902
(814) 533-5601 extension 5922
Any day for which a student is confirmed truant will result in the student being cited for a violation of the Student of Conduct, Level III infraction - Unexcused School Absence
- Three unlawful absences will result in written notice of violation of the Compulsory Attendance Law and result in prosecution pursuant to Section 1333 of the Pennsylvania School Code.
- Unlawful and unexcused absences or unexcused class absences will result in a "0" (zero) grade for all classes missed that day.
- Unexcused class absences exceeding 50% or more of any school day will result in an unexcused/unlawful absence for the day.
- Students truant on multiple occasions will be assigned to in-school suspension, Saturday detention, or an extended school year.
- In each incident the administrator will decide on an individual basis if alternative action will best meet the needs of the student, the school district, and/or the employee of the school district.
- Travel to an unauthorized area is classified as a Level III infraction of the Student Code of Conduct and in students who leave the school grounds or who travel to an unsupervised or restricted area within the building without authorization.
- Penalties for Violations of Compulsory Attendance Requirements pursuant to 24 PS 13-1333.
- After 20 days of unexcused absences in a semester (90 days) at the high school level, students will face disciplinary action that may include expulsion from school.
- After 45 days of irregular attendance in a school year at the middle or elementary school levels, students will face disciplinary action that may include expulsion from school.